One of the most important dates in the calender for the almost 500 members of the Historic Hotels of Europe Association is the annual awards. Now in its third year, the awards recognise the best performing members spread across 20 European countries grouped under 10 categories. The grouping has been necessary to allow the Association to honour the various types of properties and provide a common criteria against which each of the hotels is assessed.
Following the recognition that Europe has some of the most beautiful and significant properties operating as hotels, eight hotel associations initially came together to “promote a global awareness for the finest historic hotels in Europe”. The mission has stayed the same and the awards are designed to celebrate the unique History, Architecture, and Culture of each location. Below are the 4 pillars governing the actions and ideals each establishment upholds and which the Historic Hotels of Europe are flag bearers:
- Our guests are important to us, we are here because of them and for that reason we want to ensure they have a memorable experience every time they come to stay through our stellar and uncompromising service
- We enjoy the great hotels because those who came before us preserved them and cared for them. We have sworn to do the same for the enjoyment of present and future generations too
- Art, culture and life lessons are enshrined in each and everyone of our member hotels. We represent unique and diverse properties which are of cultural and historical significant to their countries. We value this diversity and the Awards help us to celebrate it.
- It is our duty and honour to preserve the heritage these places stand for. Your support gives us the strength to continue refining our services so that we continue to be your preferred place to stay.The 10 award categories represent the diversity the Historic Hotels of Europe Association represents. They are as follows:
Every one of our members are committed to building their customer offering on the foundation provided by the pillars above. The Historic Hotels of Europe Awards therefore recognises the commitment they all make, and with your nomination, your favourite hotel stands a chance of winning an award.
- Best Castle Historic Hotel
- Best Countryside Historic Hotel
- Best Health & Treatment Historic Hotel
- Best Outdoor Activities Historic Hotel
- Most Romantic Historic Hotel
- Best Customer Care Historic Hotel
- Historic Hotel Best Restaurant
- Best Historic Hotel of Europe Ambassador
- Best Heritage Award
- Best Historic Hotel with “A Story to Tell”
In our book every member deserves an award because of the great work they already do. However, we know some of our members do go that extra mile, and have come to understand you at a personal level, allowing them to anticipate your needs and fulfil them. It is these members we want you to help us honour. Vote for your favourite hotel, one in each of the 10 categories if you wish, and help make 2014 a memorable year for all the staff who have dedicated their lives to serving you with a smile, always. Visit http://www.historichotelsofeurope-awards.com to find out more about the award and to cast your votes today.